Good luck in exploring the possibilities to initiate service-learning in your classroom!
- What is Service Learning or Community Engagement
- Engaging the Community
- Service Learning: You Can Make a Difference
- Benefits of Service Learning, and
- what is the service-learning or community engagement? ( 1 phrase);
- what are the benefits of service learning? ( 2 phrases);
- what are the most efficient ways for your group of students to engage with community members and resources (2 phrases).
Task 2. Analyze the community-service projects examples and ideas presented below:
55 Environmental Service-Learning Projects
Global Youth Service Day
Access Program celebrating Global Youth Service Day
Access Program Civic-Engagement Projects
Service-Learning project ideas
Project ideas , and together with your students select 5 community-service project ideas you would like to implement in your classes on April 15-17.
To do so, you will need to follow the next steps:
1) Share a list of 15-20 possible project ideas on your students (by email or class blog),
2) Ask students to express their preferences, justifying their choice(s).
3) Wrap-up their comments with a generalizing conclusion of what 5 project ideas they have selected and post them below, as a comment for this task.
Task 3: The online guidelines offered below will serve for you as tutorials on how efficiently integrate the service-learning into your classes. Analyze this reference, and based on the ideas selected by your students in Task 2, develop a plan of service-learning activities appropriate to your students’ age and level.
Post your plan on the iEARN Forum.
"Based on my school curricula, I could implement the following community service project with my students ...."