We hope some of you had an inspiring Global Youth Service Day celebration and the rest of you will also enjoy this inspiring initiative by the end of April! This week we will start working on the GYSD video and narrative reports, which will be published on the GYSD Project Blog and shared through our iEngage / iEARN Facebook Group.
As soon as you organize your event, please put together a narrative report (150-200 words), which should include information regarding the items listed below, then post your report on the iEARN Teacher Forum. The reports will also be published on the GYSD Project Blog.
- Number of participants and beneficiaries
- Date and location
- Short description of activities
- Collaboration with other organisations or teachers (mayors, local NGOs, community members, parents, volunteers, business owners, etc.)
- Link to the event (you can post the report and report pictures on your blog, on a Facebook page or school website for example)
- Any publications in the local press / broadcast on TV station if available
- Impressions / Quotes from students
- Lessons learned / Results
Work with your project reporters, collect all project pictures and put together a final video project using one of these tools: Movie Maker, PowToons, Voicethread, UtellStory, Movenote or any other online tool you prefer. Our project mentors will vote for the most inspiring projects and the winners will be invited to the GYSD Conference on May 15. The videos will be published on the GYSD Project Blog.
Please publish your video project link on the iEARN Teacher Forum :
Your video should include the following:
- a title page/slide with the name of your school, name of your activity, iEARN-Moldova and Global Youth Service Day logos.
- a final page/slide to reflect on what your students learned from engaging in the activity
- quotes from participants
- ”action” pictures from the event
- project data (place, time and date, number of participants, beneficiaries, strategic partners, etc.)
Task 3: Reflect on your project and engage your students
As you know, iEARN motto is ”Learn with the world, not just about it.”. This and next week please continue collaborating with other iEARN teachers on the Teacher Forum. Write to at least 3 other teachers and leave comments regarding their project ideas, project plans, video projects. If you received a comment to your message from other teachers, please reply.
We are going to learn from each other and share our best practices until the final GYSD Conference on May 15.